You’re in luck! It’s Resident Appreciation Week, and we have some incredible events planned just for you! Don’t forget to stop by the clubhouse to renew your lease. We would be lucky to have you for another year!
- Don’t forget that rent is still due on the 1st of each month even if you aren’t here and even if the 1st falls on a weekend. Ask our office how you can conveniently pay your rent while you’re away using our Welcome Home portal.
- Help us keep our property clean! Don’t leave trash in the breezeways, on patios, or in the parking lot. Don’t put trash around or on top of the compactor. Use the opening on the west end (away from the pool) to place your trash inside the compactor. Press the green button so the trash compacts and makes room for more bags.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from noon–5 p.m.
- Is it after hours and you’re locked out of your apartment or have a maintenance emergency? Please call the office at (573) 256-7897. Available seven days a week!
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 3rd at 9 a.m.
- If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please call our office at (573) 256-7897 or email us at [email protected].
Soft Skills Make a Difference
A positive attitude and the ability to look someone in the eye while giving a firm handshake can truly set two very similar candidates apart in the job process. In this day and age of hiring and recruiting, we’ve been hearing a lot about soft skills, or people skills, when describing a candidate’s interviewing and hiring process. These are the skills that basically allow you to get along and interact with others in a work and social environment. Your ability to evaluate and hone your people skills should be part of your job prep, just as you ensure your resume is clean and typo-free.
An employee should be able to communicate, listen, share ideas, and interact with people (sometimes difficult people) in a way that demonstrates professionalism at all times. During the interview process, while your resume is showing your credentials, you are inherently demonstrating your soft skills. It takes constructive thought to be the person you want to be in the workplace. It doesn’t just happen by chance — it happens via thoughtful awareness, informed actions, and respectful engagements.
The skills of success, such as being adaptable, being positive, having a willingness to assist, and conveying a strong work ethic, are arguably more important than any degree or credential.
For more success tips and resources from Campus Advantage, visit CareerSuccessPortal.com.
Who’s Hiring? — Are you looking for a job? Be on the lookout for a pamphlet on what Columbia has to offer!
Grow Your Vision — March 12, All Day — Stop by the clubhouse to grow your vision and create your own personal vision board. Even add to our office vision board while you enjoy some food!
Show Me How You Interview! — March 13 from 6–8 p.m. — Our very own Community Assistant, Andrea, will be showing us how to ace an interview. Come to the clubhouse to join us and enjoy food and refreshments.
Pi Day — March 14 from 1–4 p.m. — Come to the clubhouse for some pie on Pi Day! How many digits of pi can you remember? Whoever can state the most digits to a staff member will win a prize! Also, join our Pi Day trivia for a chance to win gift cards.
Shamrock Shakes — March 15 from 1–4 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse to enjoy yummy shamrock shakes to ring in St. Patrick’s Day!
Birthday Celebrations! — Every month, we’ll be celebrating resident birthdays. March birthdays, this month’s for you! Be on the lookout this month for a goodie bag made just for you that will be dropped off at your apartment!