Now that you’re back in the swing of things with the new school year, it’s time to relax on Labor Day weekend! Don’t forget to come and enjoy all the fun events we have planned throughout the month. Stay tuned.
- Don’t forget that rent is still due on the 1st of each month even if you aren’t here and even if the 1st falls on a weekend. Ask our office how you can conveniently pay your rent while you’re away using our Welcome Home portal.
- Remember: The sooner you let us know about a maintenance problem, the sooner it will get fixed. If you have an emergency, please notify us as soon as possible. Keep in mind that an emergency includes a water leak, a broken A/C or heater during extreme temperatures, a broken refrigerator, a broken toilet in a one-bedroom unit, and being locked out of your apartment.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
- Is it after hours and you’re locked out of your apartment or have a maintenance emergency? Please call the office at (573) 256-7897. Available seven days a week!
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 3rd at 9 a.m.
- If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please call our office at (573) 256-7897 or email us at [email protected].
Tips on Living with Roommates!
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you’re sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being, the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Donut Forget to Pay Your Rent! — September 1 from 9 a.m.–11 a.m. (or while supplies lasts) — It’s the first of the month, and we donut want you to forget to pay your rent! Come to the clubhouse to grab some donuts!
Movie Night by the Pool — September 12 at 8 p.m. — Grab your friends and join us at the pool for a movie night! We’ve got you covered with wings, candy, and popcorn! Plus, we’ll be giving away a pair of Beats Headphones to one lucky movie-goer!
Grab-and-Go Breakfast — September 5 from 9 a.m.–11 a.m. — We know you are on the go, which is why we have breakfast on the go! Stop by the clubhouse to grab some yummy breakfast from Chick-fil-A and McDonald’s.
Grocery Bingo — September 21 from 6–8 p.m. — We’re putting a spin on bingo and adding groceries to it. Come by the clubhouse to play bingo and win some FREE groceries!
Birthday Celebrations — Every month, we’ll be celebrating resident birthdays. September birthdays, this month’s for you! Be on the lookout this month for a goodie bag made just for you that will be dropped off at your apartment!