We hope everyone had a happy holiday! It’s a new year, which is the perfect time to renew your lease. Be on the lookout for our Welcome Back week of events.
- Don’t forget that rent is still due on the 1st of each month even if you aren’t here and even if the 1st falls on a weekend. Ask our office how you can conveniently pay your rent while you’re away using our Welcome Home portal.
- Help us keep our property clean! Don’t leave trash in the breezeways, on patios, or in the parking lot. Don’t put trash around or on top of the compactor. Use the opening on the west end (away from the pool) to place your trash inside of the compactor. Press the green button so the trash compacts and makes room for more bags.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m. Due to the New Year’s holiday, we’ll have shortened hours of noon–6 p.m. on Monday, January 1. We will resume normal office hours on January 2.
- Is it after hours and you’re locked out of your apartment or have a maintenance emergency? Please call the office at (573) 256-7897. Available seven days a week!
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 3rd at 9 a.m.
- If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please call our office at (573) 256-7897 or email us at [email protected].
Written by Megan McCollum
You’ve conquered your final exams, spent time with family, and brought in the new year with friends. But now what? How do you ensure that you’ll be at the top of your game with a new course load when you’re so used to relaxing at home?
Here’s a hint: Start now. Buy your books, find your classrooms, spend some time cleaning your room and clearing your desk.
As the fall semester probably taught you, college flies by. There’s no time to slowly ease back into it — take a deep breath, prepare your mind, and dive in. Don’t just take it day by day; create a study schedule, make some friends and form a study group, and talk to your advisor and get to know them.
There are thousands of resources at your fingertips just waiting to be used. For example, places to study. Trying to focus in your bedroom with your roommates around and electronics everywhere is hard, so take advantage of your property’s clubhouses and study rooms, as well as places on campus.
Once you’ve found your perfect study place, it’s time to use the resources available to you. College students today rely on technology for almost everything, from textbooks to full online courses and online study materials. There are even some apps that can be used to help you study, such as iTunes U and Brainscape. If you aren’t using your cell phone to study, turn it off — social media will be there when you’re done, but your professor won’t wait around for you to learn.
If you find yourself procrastinating, take a deep breath, and ask yourself why this assignment is important. Don’t ask why you don’t want to do it; ask yourself what you will benefit from it. Ask yourself what you can learn, and why it’s meaningful.
Reward yourself with something you can truly withhold from yourself if you don’t complete the task. Offering yourself candy or saying you won’t go to that show if you don’t write your paper isn’t meaningful enough to motivate you. Find something you truly want, and when you reward yourself, notice how it feels.
Don’t settle for less. Don’t wait for things to just work out. Start now.
Breakfast on the Go — January 16 from 9 a.m.–noon — It’s the first day back to school, so we’re starting it off with breakfast from McDonald’s and Chick-fil-A. Stop by the clubhouse on your way to class or work and grab some yummy breakfast!
Grocery Bingo — January 17 from 6–8 p.m. — Come to the clubhouse to have fun with grocery bingo! We’ll be giving away all the essentials along with some school supplies!
Donut Thursday — January 18 — Everyone loves donuts, and we do, too! Stop by the clubhouse to enjoy some delicious donuts!
Pop in to Renew — January 19 from 2–6 p.m. — We want you to stay with us, and it’s the perfect time to renew your lease! Pop in to enjoy our popcorn bar and renew your lease while you’re here!
Birthday Celebrations — Every month, we’ll be celebrating resident birthdays. January birthdays, this month’s for you! Be on the lookout this month for a goodie bag made just for you that will be dropped off at your apartment!