The end of the year is almost here, and it’s the perfect time to renew your lease! You don’t want to miss our last events of 2017; we’ll see you all there!
We want to wish everyone happy holidays and safe travels.
- Don’t forget that rent is still due on the 1st of each month even if you aren’t here and even if the 1st falls on a weekend. Ask our office how you can conveniently pay your rent while you’re away using our Welcome Home portal.
- Help us keep our property clean! Don’t leave trash in the breezeways, on patios, or in the parking lot. Don’t put trash around or on top of the compactor. Use the opening on the west end (away from the pool) to place your trash inside of the compactor. Press the green button so the trash compacts and makes room for more bags.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m. Due to the holiday, we’ll be closed on Sunday, December 24 and Monday, December 25. On Tuesday, December 26, our office will be open from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. On Wednesday, December 27, we will resume normal office hours.
- Is it after hours and you’re locked out of your apartment or have a maintenance emergency? Please call the office at (573) 256-7897. Available seven days a week!
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 3rd at 9 a.m.
- If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please call our office at (573) 256-7897 or email us at [email protected].
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week
The time that you’ve been dreading all semester is here: final exams. This is a very stressful time for everyone, so remember to take a minute just for you.
Studies have shown that when you take one minute just for yourself every 30 minutes, your grades will improve. Cramming has proven not to work because you’re stressed, exhausted, and less likely to absorb everything that you’re trying to learn. Taking a minute just for you will allow you to breathe and reset your mind as you continue to study.
After your minute, make sure to take 10 more minutes to review what you’ve learned, and then 20 more minutes of new information before you take another break.
Just thinking about final exams gets stressful, so make sure to breathe and prepare the right way. Whether you’re writing papers, presenting, or taking an exam, preparation is the best way to get an A.
Here are some professor-approved study tips:
- Drink water, not soda or energy drinks.
- Eat fruits and veggies to give you natural energy.
- Turn your phone off as you study to lessen distractions.
- Find a study partner so you can quiz each other.
- Use the on-campus tutoring centers or peer-led groups.
- Talk to your professors! It shows that you care and are trying to do well.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your exam. It truly is the most important meal of the day.
As a member of the Campus Advantage team, we want to do all we can to help you succeed! Make sure to stop by your local front office to see what resources or events they have to help you during this stressful week. We know that all of you are going to do amazing on your final exams!
Ornament Decorating — December 5 from 5–7 p.m. — Everybody loves a craft night! Stop by the clubhouse to get creative and decorate an ornament for your holiday season. P.S. Moms love handmade gifts!
Finals Week Survival Kits — December 8 from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. — Finals week is right around the corner (literally), and we’ve got you covered with the essentials. Stop by the clubhouse to grab your finals week survival kit!
Stress Relief Week — December 11–15 — We think this time of year is great for some relaxation! Come to the clubhouse anytime throughout the week to enjoy hot chocolate and coloring. We’ll also be having bagels on the mornings of Monday, December 11 and Wednesday, December 13.
Birthday Celebrations — Every month, we’ll be celebrating resident birthdays. December birthdays, this month’s for you! Be on the lookout this month for a goodie bag made just for you that will be dropped off at your apartment!