Fall in love all over again with Grindstone Canyon, and renew your lease with us today. We would hate to see you leave because you mean so much to us! #BeMine #ForeverYours
- If you haven’t renewed your lease yet, now is the time!
- Please be sure to dispose your trash bags in the compactor. If the compactor is full, just press the green button to make more room!
- Please do not put non-flushable items down the toilet.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–6 p.m.
- Is it after hours and you’re locked out of your apartment or have a maintenance emergency? Please call the office at (573) 256-7897. Available seven days a week!
- Rent payments: Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 3rd at 9 a.m.
- If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or your account, please see Stacey Torrey, our AGM, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Focus on Career Success
Whether you are a sophomore looking at internships or a senior getting ready for that first job after graduation, the spring semester brings added pressure as you seek to set yourself apart and set yourself up for success.
Here are five tips to keep you moving forward on a career success track:
Tip #1: The key to getting hired is selling yourself better than the other candidates. What’s your pitch? Practice concise ways to share your value and what you are looking for.
Tip #2: Your resume’s only job is to get your foot in the door! Have it critiqued at the career center.
Tip #3: Google yourself: What does your online presence tell future employers? Are you focusing on your online brand? Your potential employer is! Work on shaping your presence online and off.
Tip #4: Come up with EVERY reason an employer might not hire you — and an answer for each objection. For example, “What I lack in relevant experience, I make up for with my drive and proven ability to learn new things quickly.”
Tip #5: Learn from the best! Find people doing what you want to do and doing it well — and ask them for guidance. It’ll be well worth your time and perhaps a few cups of coffee to do informational interviews with others on their success stories.
These tips are obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Watch out for career success experiences here at your community. Whether you want feedback on your pitch or need someone to critique your resume, let us know how we can help you and connect you with resources to assist in your success!
Community Event Calendar
Pinterest Party — February 13 from 6–8 p.m. — Come to the clubhouse for a Valentine’s Day Pinterest Party! Choose from several crafts to make the perfect gift for your home or your special someone.
Cultural Food Feature — February 23 from 5–7 p.m. — Join us for free Chinese food and learn about Chinese culture.
Black History Month — All Month — Be on the lookout for daily Black History Month facts around the property and on our social media! Share your favorite or most inspirational moment from history on our Facebook or Twitter page. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter so you don’t miss out on your chance to win participation prizes!